Menu

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goals for ROW80, Round 1

So excited to be participating in ROW80!

My goal for Round 1 (Jan. 7-March 28) is to finish a first draft of Awakening 2. I figure if I write 6000 words per week I can get 'er done. That'll put me exactly on track to publish by July 1, 2013.

That's it. It's that simple. 6000 words per week toward a finished first draft of the second book in the Lilly Frank series by March 28th.

I'll be "checking in" every Sunday, which means a new blog post reporting out on my progress, snippets (perhaps) from my writing that week, etc.

And please feel free to leave comments with advice, encouragement, ideas about what I should eat/drink to maximize my productivity, etc.! Because although my goal sounds simple enough, I expect to be thoroughly challenged by it.

Onward! :)

Here's a link to a list of other ROW80 participants.

4 comments:

  1. What to eat / drink to maximize productivity:
    COFFEE (or tea, if you prefer)
    Oatmeal
    Eggs!
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

    Good luck, I you can do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! Good reminder about breakfast. It really does make a difference. :)

      Delete
  2. 6K words per week might sound small to some, but to me that's a bunch! I consider myself lucky on days I'm able to add 500 words to my WIP (which is obviously a lot less than 6K per week, lolz!), so I wish you luck in accomplishing your goal. I'm betting you have next no problems knockin' it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Andi-Roo! It's an ambitious goal for me too, but I really, REALLY want to get a draft done in the next three(ish) months, and 6K a week is what I'd need (I think) to get me there. Keep your fingers & toes crossed for me! :)

      Delete