Menu

Friday, January 11, 2013

Update on current writing projects

So, as you know, I've committed to writing a full first draft of Awakening 2 by March 28th. (AAAAHHHHHHH! OMG! OMG! OMG! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?) *Ahem.* ANYway. As I was saying.

In order to get myself in the proper mental space to write the second book, I figured I should revisit the first book, so I took advantage of my own promo and downloaded it from Amazon. Strange? Okay, probably. But effective. I'd only ever read it as a PDF or Word doc before, and reading it in the Kindle app is helping me see it anew. It's pretty cool. But also I'm seeing things that I would change. You know, a paragraph I'd rearrange. A different word choice here or there. It's tempting. Very tempting. Do you think that would be cheating?

I also--and I don't know how to say this without the risk of sounding like an egotistical jerk--but I also find that I'm really interested in the story. It's almost like I didn't write it at all but am coming across this story someone else wrote that I read once and remembering how well I liked it.

There's a down side to that too, of course. It means that I'm not really familiar with my own story anymore. Which justifies my wanting to reacquaint myself, I guess.

But before this post goes too far into round-about-ness, I just wanted to make a few points. Because this is an update post, to document where I'm at in the process.

1. I am re-reading Awakening to get my head back into the story.
2. I am thinking about the p.o.v. I'm going to use in the second book, as well as the new characters that need to be introduced and the questions raised in Book 1 that still need to be answered.
3. Which is all in preparation for writing 6000 words of Awakening 2 by this Sunday to keep up with my ROW80 goal. (EEEEEEK!)
And 4. Which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Lilly Frank series, I have committed to writing a short romance or erotica piece for deadlyeverafter.com's February romance series. Very excited about that, especially since their December Nightmare Before Christmas series included some really good stuff.

And of course since I've committed to writing Awakening 2 this round of ROW80 I'm getting ideas about The Pirate Queen. Go figure. But I am determined. I will jot down notes for The Pirate Queen but that book will have to wait. (It's not your turn yet! Back! Back! *cracks whip & wields wooden chair in snarling book idea's face*)

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to Awakening 2. :-)
    You can do it Jeanie!

    ReplyDelete