Menu

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Writing retreat Day 3

Um...so things could be worse. They could also certainly be better. This whole writing retreat thing was a lot easier when I had vacation time from a traditional job rather than freelancing full-time from home and needing to follow up with clients & stay on top of business while trying to focus on my writing. But whatever. It is what it is.

I don't want to be all doom-and-gloom, and it is only Day 3, but I gotta say, it is not looking good for having a complete first draft of Awakening 2 by next Thursday (one week from today). That's the bad news.

The good news is that there is progress. And I want to share some of it with you. Here's a teensy taste:

He felt waves of barbed anger radiate off her. He'd only ever seen her this angry and shaken once before, and that was right before she'd pulled the trigger on her father. This was not good.
It also suddenly occurred to me tonight that I should totally write a brief synopsis of this book to include on my Awakening 2 page. You know, so people know what this book is about. (Why does it take me so long sometimes to realize the obvious?)

First draft of Awakening 2 synopsis:
A newly made vampire requires a certain amount of time to adjust to her new body and heightened senses. But Torren's worried that if Lilly doesn't hurry up, she'll be in grave danger. Word among vampires is that someone's hunting their kind, and it's not a quick death if you're caught. This killer likes to torture the victims first. All signs indicate that the killer is circling ever-closer to Torren and Lilly. Torren needs Lilly to stop fighting him and start trusting him. Maybe he shouldn't have lied to her...
So...what do you think? Does it make you want to read the book? If this were all you had to go on, what genre would you say this book is?

Please be honest; I can take it. You'd be doing me a favor. How else am I supposed to market this book (with no background in marketing) if I don't know how it's coming across?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ms. Awesomesauce (even if the title is on loan)
    I am going to email your aswesomesauce with a thought or two... maybe just one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chris! As you'll see on the AWAKENING 2 tab, I took your suggestion to heart. :)

      Delete