Menu

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Undisappearing

Oh my gosh! How is it possible that it's been over a month since I posted anything on the blog! :( Not awesome.

Well I've gone through several ups and downs (mostly downs, to be honest) over the last month and a half and kind of fell off the face of the planet as a result. But I'm clawing my way back up from the sad. And shaking off the disappointment of not yet being where I want to be with Awakening 2. At least I made some progress the other day. At least there's that.

And to prove it, I have an excerpt!

She’s open and bleeding. There’s blood everywhere. It’s all over him. So much blood. He doesn’t know how to stop it. He’s trying, but everywhere he touches opens a fresh wound and more blood comes pouring out of her body. She’s unconscious. She’s dying. He doesn’t know how to stop it. He’s practically bathed in her blood now.
My next step, obviously, is to finish the novel. I'm still committed to my July 1 publishing deadline, so of course I'm freaking out. This weekend is dedicated to working on it. Must do this. Can do this. Will do this.

Also need to follow up on all the great suggestions I got via Twitter and blog for a cover artist. I'd like to get cracking on that.

No more excuses. Back to work. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment