Menu

Saturday, June 22, 2013

FINDING LOVE'S WINGS by Zoey Derrick - Author Interview



Today I'm thrilled to be participating in the Read Between the Lines blog tour for Finding Love's Wings by my friend and romance writer Zoey Derrick. She graciously agreed to to an interview for this blog that includes discussion not only of her recently-published novel but also of the romance genre in general. Enjoy!

Congratulations on publishing your first novel! What was your inspiration for Finding Love’s Wings?
My inspiration for Finding Love’s Wings comes from Love, really. I’m a sucker for a great love story. A story that has unconditional or undying love is what I strived to achieve with Finding Love’s Wings. While we didn’t reach it, without doubt, in Finding Love’s Wings, I have confidence that Cami and Tristan will reach that point.

Also, I felt that Cami and Tristan has a fabulous story to tell, they let me share it with all of you.

What’s your favorite part about writing romance?
The love, and the expression of love, or in other words writing passion and emotions relating to love and sex. I’m not sure that I would be capable of writing anything else besides a romance novel.

Also, knowing that I could take my characters on any adventure I wanted to send them on. Cami and Tristan were easy going and are more than willing to go along with whatever ideas I have.

Who are your favorite romance authors? Or, if you prefer, what are your top 3 favorite romance books?
I’m not sure that I’m truly capable of picking three… But I am going to try my best.
#1 Would have to be the Gabriel’s Inferno/Gabriel’s Rapture series by Sylvain Reynard. #2 Would have to be a dead tie for E.L. James and Sylvia Day and in 3rd we would have to have about 6 different books, authors, or serials listed.

What can I say, I’m a book boyfriend horder. :)

What makes for a good romance novel?
Hmmm, well, I can’t say anything specific besides a happily ever after. You grow attached to good, well developed, characters and you want them to succeed together. I know I don’t like books that leave you hanging with an unknown at the end.

In what ways do your characters challenge the traditional gender roles?
Tristan and Cami both challenge the gender roles because Tristan is a little softer, not necessarily the dominant type, plus he is emotional and he lets things get to him.
Cami is the opposite, she is a little more controlling, but has the ability to submit when the need arises. Making her a stronger person.

In the past I’ve blogged about the language of romance. What are your feelings about the use of words like penis, testicles, labia and vagina in romance literature? What terms do you think are the sexiest for genitalia?
I think that the words above have a place in the right context of a romance or erotic story. Penis, testicles and vagina are probably the least sexy when it comes to an erotic or romantic story because they are extremely clinical and it pulls away from the sensual aspect of a romance.

I prefer to use the terms of clit, cock, and sex.

What’s next on your agenda? (In terms of WIPs) When can we expect the sequel to Finding Love’s Wings? :D
The infamous million dollar (okay fine $10) question…. I currently have three WIPs.

1. Is a new paranormal romance novella series that is currently in the process of editing. That one is called Give Me Reason (The Reason Series).

2. Is a story that first appeared on www.deadlyeverafter.com called "Devilish Desire."

And  Last but not least…

Finding Love’s Wings book 2 is about three chapters deep plus two additional chapters that will be worked into the story, somewhere. I’m really hoping to have book 2 in the Love’s Wings Series available in early 2014.

* * * * * * *

Finding Love's Wings is available for purchase online and at the time of this posting has an average rating of 4.6* with 11 reviews on Amazon.com. Grab your copy now!


Title: Finding Love’s Wings
Author: Zoey Derrick
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: May 15 2013
Word Count: 102,000
Approximate Pages: 262
Formats: EBook & Print

Synopsis:
CAMERON ENDERS seems to have it all: a brand new condo in a city she loves, a top executive position at an international entertainment firm, an insane amount of money, and a gorgeous boyfriend. But when Cami catches the boyfriend in the act with another woman, it triggers all the anguish from years of neglect by her parents, and she realizes she never learned how to love or be loved. Cami flees to the remote tropical island of Tarah, but she can't avoid facing her problems any longer when she meets the man of her fantasies...

TRISTAN MICHAELS, one of Hollywood's hottest new stars, has come to Tarah to ride out a storm. His girlfriend of five years has been caught on camera cheating, and she's determined to make Tristan stop the story from breaking. But Tristan's done cleaning up her messes. He needs to escape all things Hollywood for a while--and especially the firm that represents him--until the whole thing blows over. What he doesn't count on is meeting an irresistibly beautiful woman, a woman who just so happens to be the CEO of the firm he's trying to avoid.

Can Tristan and Cami help each other learn to trust and love again, or will their histories of betrayal tear them apart?

Book Links:

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for them all. I think I got a sneak peak at Give Me Reason and it was so good...

    ReplyDelete