Menu

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Update on AWAKENING 2

Significant progress made!

Quick recap: I was supposed to have a finished first draft at the end of April, and it didn't happen. I decided what I needed was to put more pressure on myself, so I promised readers who posted a review of the first book on Goodreads by June 15 a free copy of the second book during the pre-release period. (Which means there has to be a pre-release period.) New plan was to have a completed first draft by the end of May, but that didn't happen either. Sank into depression. Started to come out of depression and wrote about 13,000 words in a weekend. Suddenly, making my self-imposed deadline seemed possible. Was supposed to write for a minimum of two hours per day each day this week and dedicate all of Friday, Saturday & Sunday to it, but I fell short of that goal as well.

Which brings us to today. I have three days left until I need to send the manuscript to beta readers, and dammit all I am going to do this. It kinda takes me back to my college days, putting off papers until the night before and then staying up all night finishing them.

Oddly, the panic has not yet set in. Certainly I realize I have a shit-ton of work to do over the next three days, and certainly I feel a bit nervous about getting it done and being able to send my beta readers something that I don't think is an absolute pile of crap to wade through...but I don't feel panicked.

Am I in denial?

Or is it that my Muse has been resting up, waiting to spring forth and set things aright at the last minute? God, I hope so.

Awakening 2, the second book in the Lilly Frank series, is due to be published July 1, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment