Menu

Monday, July 8, 2013

COVER REVEAL - new cover for AWAKENING!

I asked Heather at CP Design, who designed the cover for Awakening 2, to re-do the cover of Awakening and to design the cover of Awakening 3 so that there is some continuity across all three covers.

And I'm stoked to announce that the redesigned cover of Awakening is finished!



Well obviously I really like it, but what do you think? What's your opinion about the fact that there are different people on the two covers even though the characters are the same?



I will say that Heather and I tried hard to make it work with the same couple (there are several stock images of the pair from the Awakening 2 cover available), but in the end the other poses didn't capture the mood I wanted.

The new cover will be uploaded to Amazon and available within the next couple of days. Since I've never changed a cover post-publishing before I'm not sure how it'll work--whether people who've already downloaded Awakening will automatically get the new cover or not--so this'll be interesting.

And then Heather and I will work on the cover of Awakening 3! :D I've asked her to design it now, while she's available, rather than wait until next summer when the book comes out, and I'm very excited about the initial mock-ups.

6 comments:

  1. I love it, Jeanie! Well done, my IGF!
    ~CLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure working with you again Jeanie. I love the way they both turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Heather! Can't wait to see what we come up with for the cover of AWAKENING 3!!

      Delete