Menu

Thursday, December 12, 2013

What's going on

Thus I emerge from the sludge and shake myself off to try again.

It's been a full last month or so, but not so full of writing, and I've clearly neglected the blog again. *sigh* I hope you can forgive me, dear readers.

The good news is: progress!

Nick + Serran: Not only have I made some progress on the back rub scene (my favorite so far), but I've also been getting whisperings about a second book with these characters and possibly even a third. While it was not my intention to write another series (I've had a hard enough time keeping up with the Lilly Frank series), I also can't deny that I'm a little bit excited to know that I already have another book idea to work on next year. 

Part of the realization that this is more than one book came from my thinking more about Nick's character. I don't want to make him perfect, which is what I've been in danger of doing. Think about Dr. Danny Castellano (played by Chris Messina) in The Mindy Project. He's grumpy, at times insensitive, obsessive about the weirdest things...and yet I'm totally falling in love with him because he also has a lot of good quirks. Yes! Brilliant! THIS is what I want for my characters. While many of Serran's fears about Nick prove to be groundless, and while in some respects he's even better than she could have ever imagined, he's still human and sometimes he's got to annoy the shit out of her. At least that's what I think now; talk to me in six months.

I've also made some headway on Awakening 3. I don't want to tell you too much and ruin all the surprises in the final installment of the trilogy, but I will say that at one point Vittoria tries to seduce Lilly. ("For what nefarious purpose?" you might ask. Not telling!)

And in other news, I've come across two images of men this last week that have made my nether parts tingle: Chris Messina's dance in the latest episode of The Mindy Project and photos of Macklemore (I forget why I was looking him up).

By the by, if you haven't seen Macklemore's video "Thrift Shop," 1) WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?? and 2) here:


No comments:

Post a Comment