Menu

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stuff's happening

Hey, good news! Stuff's happening!

What's happening:
1) Yesterday (or the day before?) Lilly whispered to me that new vampires don't just experience heightened physical senses, they also feel emotions more keenly than humans do. (Kind of like Vulcans, but without the high value for logic, I guess?) My work on this book has since focused on trying to figure out how this affects the characters, the storyline, the point of view...basically everything. I'm trying to figure out how this affects everything.

2) Despite having taken a break from Nick + Serran and The Pirate Queen for a couple of months for personal reasons, the characters from both books came to visit me while I was on my walk the other day. Such a relief! I was worried that they might abandon me, since I've neglected them for so long, but happily that is not the case. Yay!

3) Did I ever tell you that I figured out where Nick + Serran takes place? No? It's Medford, Massachusetts. I was excited to come to that decision/realization so I could do some stalking via Google Maps and start to get a sense of the lay of the land. Of course my characters' version of Medford will likely be quite different from the real Medford. It's called "artistic license."

4) I've mentioned before the possibility that The Pirate Queen might be a series, and it is now quite definite that Quin and Eduard's story extends for at least one more novel. On the one hand, it is exciting to realize that I already know what I'm going to write after Awakening 3, Nick + Serran and The Pirate Queen are published this year. On the other hand, I wish I could just write a stand-alone novel rather than having everything turn into its own series. I guess I should be more grateful. I'll work on that.

5) It's 2014! Happy New Year! What books are you most looking forward to reading this year? I'm quite anxious for the next Charley Davidson book, myself. Sixth Grave on the Edge is due out on May 20th. Why do we have to wait so long??? *taps foot impatiently*

No comments:

Post a Comment