Menu

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Interview with me!

Ooh! Ooh! Today my interview with Andrea Scovel went up on my friend Sione Aeschliman's blog. Andrea wanted to know why I write romance as well as about my writing process. Check it out!

Excerpt
Q: When did you decide that you wanted to write books?
A: I’ve been writing stories since kindergarten, but it was only in 2012 that I decided to get serious about it and just make it happen already. I found the prospect of finishing and publishing a book really daunting because I’m never satisfied with what I write, but I also knew that if I didn’t write something and publish it anyway, despite its flaws, I’d never move beyond my perfectionism paralysis. So I finished & published Awakening.


Q: Why romance?
A: I started writing romance because I think that, to a large extent, human sexuality is still repressed in U.S. culture, and women’s sexuality in particular. “Slut”-shaming still abounds, a woman’s right to choose what to do with her body is still a matter of national debate, and the vast majority of romance novels still portray women’s sexual role as a passive one. I think there’s great opportunity in writing romance and erotica to challenge these cultural norms and help facilitate a shift towards equality and sex positivity.


Q: Are any of your characters based off of an ex?

Click here to read the full interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment