Menu

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dear Readers,

It's been a while since I last updated you on my writing. This summer didn't go as planned, so many of my plans have changed.

I'm still working on At First Blush, my first contemporary romance about romance author Serran Winters and her longtime crush Nick Enfield, but the anticipated publication date has been pushed out to this coming spring. As a result, The Pirate Queen's anticipated publication date has been changed to Fall 2015. Personally, I feel a bit disappointed that these stories are so long coming, but I also think that they'll be better for the delay. I want to do my characters and their stories justice, so I'm letting them have a little longer to marinate.

On the other hand, I'm very excited because I've finished a first draft of a new short story, a speculative fiction erotica piece called "Made to Order." It's about a married couple who go to a company to order a Playmate. ;) I expect to have it ready for publication within the next few weeks. And then? I've been meaning for quite a while to start a mailing list, so I'm going to publish "Made to Order" on Smashwords for 99¢ and make it free for people who sign up for the mailing list. I expect to announce all that in early or mid-December.

I also still have a couple more short stories in the works, including two stand-alone erotica pieces and a few short stories from the world of Lilly Frank. My intention is to finish these in 2015 and to publish a Lilly Frank series collection that includes the three novellas as well as the short stories that take place in that world.

Last but not least, I wanted to remind you that I'm participating in Vampire Books for Blood this month, which ends on Friday. Be sure to check out the Facebook page and support the American Red Cross while feeding your literary addiction by buying one or more books by participating authors.

I'm excited about the progress I'm making and all the stories forthcoming next year, and I hope you'll like them, too!

Much love,
Jeanie Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment