Reflections on 2014
This past year brought some exciting accomplishments and firsts for me. Here are some of the highlights:
|Cover art by Nick Green|
- Published two books: Awakening 3, which completed the Lilly Frank trilogy; and Crouch and Other Stories, my first collection of short erotica.
- Wider distribution of all my books via Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Kobo, and others.
- Achieved my long-time goal of creating a fan mailing list. Lemme tell you, this was harder than I'd anticipated! But I'm happy to have this new way to connect with readers who want to stay updated about my work.
- Four book blog tours and five giveaways.
- Participated in two charity events: Vampire Books for Blood to support the American Red Cross and Dane Cobain's 24-hr Readathon to support Dyslexia Action.
- Ran two guest post series involving a total of twelve authors, one on the topic "How do you like your vamps?" and the other on "The value of romance & erotica."
- Did my first-ever audio interview, thanks to Dane Cobain.
- Did an interview on Pub Hub with Jolene Haley.
- Began to make some changes to this website.
Whew! And here I feel like I never get anything done. ;)
The year ahead
My plans for 2015 are ambitious and, I hope, achievable! I'm excited about the stories I've been working on, and I'm eager to share them with you.
At First Blush
I'm a little over halfway done with the first draft of my contemporary romance and plan to publish it in May.
The Lilly Frank Trilogy
My suspenseful scifi vampire romance novella trilogy is complete, so my next step is to package all the books together and make the omnibus available for sale. I've also had requests for more stories in this world, so I intend to write 3-4 short stories to include in the omnibus. I'll also package the short stories separately and make them available as their own separate ebook for people who already own the novellas. I expect to publish these books in the summer. It would be nice to publish them in July, to mirror the release dates of the last two books in the series and throw a big-ol' anniversary party.
Yesterday my uncle, who has read the trilogy, remarked that he enjoyed the books much more than he thought he would, and he thinks I should change the covers in order to appeal to a wider audience and to more accurately represent what the books are. He himself is not normally a reader of vampire romance, and he observed that, based on the covers alone, he never would've read the books had they not been written by his niece. Although I like the current covers and think Heather McCorkle did a great job on them, as a result of this conversation, I've decided to take his advice, so the Lilly Frank trilogy will have new covers and probably new blurbs, too.
Up until now, Awakening 2 and Awakening 3 have been available for 99¢ each, which was the price I set when the third book came out. However, the prices will be going up to $1.99 USD in a few days, on January 15th, so if you've been meaning to purchase them and want them for cheap, best to take advantage of the few days you have left at the introductory price!
The Pirate Queen
If all goes according to plan, I'll also be finishing my historical pirate romance novel this year.
Vampire Books for Blood
I intend to participate in this fundraiser for the American Red Cross again in October 2015.
I'll be running giveaways for and 1K Twitter followers in January and 250 Facebook Likes in February. Keep an eye on the blog and Twitter for announcements!
There will also be giveaways associated with each book blog tour I run this year, which will correspond to the releases of At First Blush and the Lilly Frank trilogy omnibus.
It's going to be a lot of work this year, but also a lot of fun! Be sure to sign up for my mailing list so that you don't miss any of the releases or giveaway opportunities.
All information collected through this form will be used to send updates about me, my writing and other books/products I think might interest my fans. I will send no more than one email per week, and I will never sell or distribute your email address or other personal information.